Pages

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Is Fashion Racist?

VOGUE.. Our Fashion BIBLE !!

Yes, We Love VOGUE! Us, Fashionistas, Look Forward to EVERY Issue to hit Newsstands just so we can Analyze, Cut, Paste, Duplicate & Recreate! Especially, the SEPTEMBER Issue. As a Model, Designer & Fashion Blogger, I couldn't WAIT to get my hands on the September 2012 Issue of VOGUE. As I sat in the Hair & Nail Salon going through 900+ Pages, I couldn't help but notice something.

Where are the Models that look like ME? Are we NOT Beautiful? Do we Not Pose Well? Have Smooth Skin? Nice Teeth? Pretty Eyes? Long Legs?
Are we ONLY Good Enough to Grace about 15 of these 900+ Pages?
Is There Only Room for ONE Black Model at a Time?

I've Been Modeling since 2007. I have "Typical Fashion Model" features, FABULOUS Runway Walk and can POSE My butt off. Unfortunately, I've been turned down at EVERY Modeling Agency I've walked into in New York. Why? My guess is My Skin Color, My Hair Texture & My Face Features because they were the ONLY difference between Myself & the OTHER Models that stayed after I left. Fortunately, I have walked down many runways & participated in many photo-shoots. I've also had my share of "racist" moments where I was completely ignored by designers or hair stylists who made the comment "I don't know what to do with YOUR TYPE of hair".

It's Unfair! It's Unjust! It's Disgusting!
EVERYONE That Wears Louis Vuitton, Gucci & Prada does NOT look like Blonde Hair & Blue Eyed Individuals. I Personally LOVE Michael Kors and Shop at His 5th Avenue Store FREQUENTLY. Unfortunately, I have YET to See An ETHNIC Model in ANY of his ADS! Why? Do we NOT Wear His Items & Support His Brand?

I Must Say When I DO See an Ethnic Model in a High fashion Editorial, I RESPECT The Designer. So Much that I Start To SUPPORT The Designer! I Actually Think Ethnic Models STAND Out because the "Average" look is SO BORING! The Pale, Washed Out Look isn't even Attractive half the time BUT because it's SAFE, It's There!


DESIGNERS, MAKE-UP ARTISTS, HAIR STYLISTS, STYLISTS, PHOTOGRAPHERS, EDITORS..
WE CAN CHANGE THIS!
ETHNIC Models are JUST AS BEAUTIFUL as the Models that are in Vogue, Elle & Vanity Fair. How Come THEY Don't Convey This?



Something Has To Change!




Heaven.
(This Is How I Look, By The Way)




Noo Too Shabby, Huh?




No comments:

Post a Comment