Pages

Monday, September 10, 2012

Plitzs Fashion Event at The Warwick NYFW Review

I Had The Opportunity to attend the Plitzs Event at The Warwick Hotel, Saturday for the 7pm Showcase. When I arrived at 6:50pm, I walked out of the elevator on the 2nd floor (where the event was taking place) and had to SEARCH for a volunteer that would help so I knew where to go. It was chaotic, it seemed disorganized and I immediately felt out of place. After a while, I was told what room to go to and check in. I checked in with no problem, was given my VIP wristband and told that the 7pm showcase will begin at approximately 7:15pm. I sat in the waiting area until 8:30PM. Yes, 8:30PM without any updates, announcements, anything. By this time, there were another 20 guests that joined the waiting area as well.


Around 8:45pm, a line started to form, I assumed to get on it & I was right because that was to enter for the "7pm" showcase. It took 30 minutes for all the guests to sit, we were then greeted by Wayne (Co-owner of Plitzs) with a microphone. He spoke for about 20 minutes thanking the participants and sponsors, but ironically, failed to apologize for starting a 7pm showcase at approximately 9pm. The event continued with 25 minute breaks between each designer's showcase equipped with sound system errors.

NOW ABOUT THE DESIGNERS:

For the MOST Part, The Designers were very talented and the models were gorgeous and very diverse. The designers that STOOD OUT to ME were: Caruth Couture (a 15 year old boy), ColeFacts, Angel Brinks and Simply Beautiful Designs! These are Designers I am DEFINITELY Purchasing Pieces from.

It was also a pleasure to see Ramona Rizzo from Vh1's Mob Wives. There were a few more familiar faces who all came to support the amazing designer, Angel Brinks. I personally never heard of her but definitely FELL IN LOVE with her ENTIRE collection and also found out it was HER piece that Nicki Minaj wore at the VMAs. Kudos to Angel!


Overall :

I was DISAPPOINTED of the PRODUCTION, the lack of PUNCTUALITY, the Poor Quality of GIFT BAGS and PRESENTATION. Now, I am a Model and Jewelry Designer so I am VERY aware that Fashion Week events have MANY obstacles but the challenge is to NEVER let the GUEST notice anything & as a GUEST, I noticed the obvious!


Hopefully, The NEXT Plitzs event would be better!





Until Next Fashion Post
Heaven
CEO, HB Designs
www.HBDesigns.bigcartel.com


No comments:

Post a Comment