Pages

Saturday, March 14, 2015

My 1-800 Bartend Certification Course Review

Hey Dolls & Guys!

I've been so busy lately. I hope all is well with you all. One of the trades I've decided to recently indulge in was Bartending. With Spring and Summer around the corner, A NYC Bartender is a very profitable job to have in these seasons. It's great networking and amazing cash tips that will make Spring & Summer even more fun than it already is in New York.


With this said, I decided to sign up for the 16 hour certification course at 1800 Bartend located at 35 West 14th Street. I signed up the first week of February but took part in the two day course the first week of March because the rules of the school is that you have to take the class two days consecutively only on the weekends. That was a bit of a dilemma for my friend and I because we both worked Saturdays so we had to schedule for a later date.

Anywho, I attended the two-day course for March 7th & 8th.

The Pros:

- Awesome Awesome Professor named ACE (he made the class enjoyable and exciting)
- There's two 10-minute breaks and an Hour lunch, for those who can't sit still for more than 2 hours. (Me)
- There's hours given to the students to PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE
- The owner of the company stopped by to speak to us which meant ALOT to me and how he felt about his business.
- Our teacher played music throughout the class so there wasn't any awkward moments of silence when someone wasn't speaking.
- They offer the graduates to practice at a Bar every Wednesday

The Cons:
- Lack of preparation for REAL BARTENDING (I didn't feel prepared enough to attend the bar to practice)
- The 40 hour class (which is an extra $295) is pushed A LOT throughout the course and by the owner
- I have yet to receive my emailed certification a week later and when I called, I was told that they were sent out but if I call back Monday, they can send another one so let's see.

So, that was my experience at the school. I loved the course but it's definitely an INTRO or TEASER to the 40 hour and that's why I will be attending the 40 hour course with the same instructor, Ace (because he was GREAT).

Tell me your experience at the school or if you're planning to attend.
COMMENT BELOW!

***
Please Know That You Can Follow The Blog on Instagram (@HeavenlyFashionableBlog), Twitter (@HiMyNamesHeaven) & The VLOGS On YouTube (YouTube.com/HiMyNameIsHeaven, The 'Fashion, Beauty & Hair' Playlist) to Get Instant Access to Giveaways, Questions, Style Tips and New Blog Posts. Also, Follow Our Blog To Be The FIRST One To Get The New Post!

Remember Be Heavenly Fashionable!

Signing Out,
Heaven Bendel.

No comments:

Post a Comment